Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home4/tangosa1/public_html/edwardgoytia/templates/egoytiafinal3coldefault/library/Artx/Content/SingleArticle.php on line 95
Edward A. Goytia is an executive level firm-wide Director and project leader with a passionate and innovative vision. He has 30+ years of experience delivering successful, award winning architecture projects and contributing a unique set of skills to the growth and development of project teams and entire enterprises. He is a multi-faceted contributor always in the pursuit of project innovation and practice effectiveness and delivers design excellence, technical competence and office leadership. He is also a proven leader in strategic planning for technology development, training and implementation on a firm-wide and project-by-project basis.
ARCHITECTURE & LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- As a senior firm-wide Director, he redesigned project accounting and revenue projection methodologies and tracking tools for 180-800 person firms resulting in improved studio & satellite office profit accountability with up to 12% improvement, better staffing allocations, and more thorough market sector analysis. He has expanded firm-wide visualization capabilities and developed turnkey imaging and animation methods resulting in more competitive firm dynamics and winning design competition presentations. He has instituted firm-wide training paradigms and implemented resources resulting in better staff development and training, process standardization and technical excellence at large and mid-size firms.
- As a Senior Project Architect/ Project Manager and designer, he has completed master plans, project designs, construction documents and conducted construction administration on 10+ Facilities for the Aging projects, both new and renovation, including nursing homes, retirement communities, assisted living facilities and dementia care units ranging in value from $2 Million to over $150 Million and sizes over 1 million SF. His projects have received AIA awards and been featured in publications including “AIA Design for Aging Review”.
- Project Manager, architect and group leader for multiple medical and hospital facilities ranging from interior renovation and medical offices to new hospice unit, dialysis units, new hospital wings, including surgery suites, valued at over $200 Million.
- Project Manager and designer on residential projects including large scale single family homes valued over $3 Million, urban redevelopment projects up to $65 Million, public housing renewals up to $120 Million and a new $165 Million residential complex.
- Project Manager and designer for small and large scale religious facilities including chapels, new church buildings, synagogues and religious university campuses. Projects include award winning renovation for historic church on the list of National Historic Landmarks.
- As Technology Director, designed and implemented firm-wide custom applications in-house and via third-party programmers, developed 2D and 3D visualization methodologies and practices leading to publication in Progressive Architecture and Architectural Record. He developed office Intranets, project and marketing websites, and improved accounting office effectiveness through the development and implementation of enterprise-wide document management systems.
Richard Bienenfeld Architects, New Rochelle, NY; Senior Architectural Designer.
Senior Architectural Designer and Project Manager for new 196-bed $50 Million Nursing Home, multiple nursing home renovations, new primary and secondary girls’ schools valued $22 Million - $57 Million, new Dialysis units, new high-rise condominium developments and multiple private residences.
Freelance Designer & Business Consultant, New York, NY
Architecture consultant for Wine Bar, Dog Kennel, Dance Studio and theater productions. Completed company and individual websites. Acting director and business development leader for business partnership and Production Company.
Mancini Duffy, New York, NY; Director of Practice Operations, Project Management Discipline Director and IT Group Manager.
- Responsible for assessing architectural practice operations, formulating and implementing recommendations and processes for change and leading efforts to improve firm practices for design & documentation, project communication and accounting. Devised alternate methods for staffing & recruiting, technology additions and growth, improved technical quality control in documents, developed design visualization studio, and instituted enterprise-wide training paradigm across all practice disciplines. Also developed IT department infrastructure and led strategic planning and risk management initiatives.
Served as Project Management Leader and trainer to 30+ project management staff, evolved management process for large, complex projects, and developed process revisions for project accounting, documentation and contracts. Also assessed and developed project plans and contracts with project teams.
Perkins Eastman Architects, Pittsburgh, PA & New York, NY; Senior Associate, Project Manager, Project Architect and Senior Systems Director.
- Programmed, completed master plans, designed and developed and/or completed projects valued from $2 Million to over $200 Million over a wide range of project types including Facilities for the Aging, medical facilities (including hospitals and nursing homes), and residential and urban design developments. Projects ranged in sizes up to 1.5 million SF.
- Developed IT/MIS strategic planning and new enterprise-wide initiatives including visualization studio, custom applications, document management, website, and Intranet. Lead evaluation in satellite office planning, evaluation, development and training. Also developed project management tools and processes for revenue analysis, document standards, and invoicing.
McCormick Architects, Pittsburgh, PA; Project Manager / Architect.
- Windber Hospice
- Monsour Hospital
- Comprehensive Modernization for Armstrong County Housing Authority
- Comprehensive Modernization for Broadhead Manor - Pittsburgh Housing Authority
Brenenborg Brown Group, Pittsburgh, PA; Project Manager & designer.
- Student Commons Building and Campus Master Plan for Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry, Ambridge PA.
- Caminos Residence, Forest Hills PA
- Mt. Ararat Baptist Church
- Pentacostal Churchof God in Christ
- La Foret Restaurant
- Gettysburg Days Inn Hotel
- Akron Days Inn Hotel
- Tendercare Learning Centers
Carnegie Mellon University, B.Arch. Program
Related studies: computer aided design, graphics programming, photography, design management and building performance.
Miami Dade Community College, Governor's Program for Gifted and Talented Students
Related studies: Physics and Calculus
AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS
AIA National, Intern/Associate Committee, 1994 Regional Liaison
Pennsylvania Society of Architects, Board of Directors, 1994 Associate Director
AIA Pitsburgh Chapter, Board of Directors, 1992, 1993.
1995 Pittsburgh Chapter Design Award, Citation of Merit - Columbarium for Church of the Ascension
Selected Exhibitor, 1993 & 1994 Pittsburgh Chapter Design Awards Program.
1992 Juror Award, AIA Pittsburgh Photography Competition “The Built Environment”.
Architectural Registration, Ohio.